Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Night

Good evening or good morning!

We hope that all is well and positive with you and all of your loved ones. As you may have noticed I have kind of gone to every other day to publish on the blog. It seems that everything here is kind of holding its own or moving forward, so there is not a lot of reason to print each day. If something different comes up in-between we will let you know.

Now as to Marty, I would say that since Friday she has held her own and not really moved forward as she had been doing a little each day before. Saturday we went to a community awards dinner and Marty did washing and got ready to go out. We had a very good dinner and enjoyed the evening. It seems that Marty did come home quite tired. Today, we made Sunday School and worship. She sang in the choir and I preached. Then this afternoon, Marty had a real long nap. Tonight, she still was dragging a little, but we continue to Praise the Lord for how well she is doing.

While we were in Indy, I did part of a blog on positive thinking and attitude. Well, when we got home, Joan Jackson had a brief piece that Charles Swindoll has written about “Attitude” and I want to share it with you.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude of life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…. a church ….. a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude…. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you – we are in charge of our Attitudes.” Amen.

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home