Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday Morning 6am

Good morning, can you believe I am up and on the computer at this hour? I can't - and I have only been up since 3:30am! I want to see Dr. Lee.

Well, Marty sleep fairly well last night. She was up early in the night and went back to the chair and went back to sleep until the nurse came in and said what are you doing in the chair sleeping and not in bed. Marty said I don't know, went back to bed for the rest of the night. After the doc was in we had the first walk for
today which was a little less than half the normal distance.

Marty is still feeling very tired today and has a busy day in front of her. The pick line is going to come out and another triple lumen central line is going back in. That will be done after she receives platelets. When that is done she will be getting 2 units of blood. Of course all of this is alone with her IV's, antibiotics, and other meds. She will also be started on the TPN today. Dr. Lee said she has a couple of days of feeling "pretty bad" ahead of her, but that she will make it. He is also having the infection doc stop in to see her, which he said was routine at this point in the treatment. The number of mouth sores has increased as well. So we are into that third week where anything can happen big time!

God is indeed with us as He has promised and we know that all will be well according to His plan and grace.

I want to get this published and posted for you early birds, so I will put another update on this evening.

Have a great day, allow God's light to shine through you and give God the glory!

God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both everyday. HANG IN THERE.

Love,
Susie
Farmland

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home