Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday evening 8:45pm

Hi! Praise the Lord!

In comparison to the last 3 or 4 days, Marty has had a great day and it may just be because I was not around a lot. You see after being here for Dr. Lee at about 7am I went back to the motorhome and after taking Buddy for a long walk went back to bed. I woke up about noon, later that I wanted to, and called Marty. She was doing good and though I was up and would be over. But I talked to her still being on the bed - mistake!!!! Yes, I went back to sleep until about 2:30pm. I called her again, but this time I did get out of bed.

Well any way, Marty has had a good and restful day. She has continued to have the med, is not running a temp, and so far the culture has not shown any kind of infections. Praise the Lord! Her stomach is still quiet distended but is not hurting. Thank you Lord! She is still on the TPN and clear liquid diet and that is working. So far today she has had to walks on this unit and one walk over the entire 6th floor like she had been doing. She wants to do that one more time tonight but she is going to have to wake up to do it. Right now I think she is cutting down the trees in our back yard that need to come down.

Eric and Erin are coming down tonight and Erin will be over to see Grandma in the morning. That is always a good day!

God is so good and we are so grateful for His blessing and His presence with us in so many, many, many different ways.

May you have a great night, a good sleep and a better day tomorrow.

God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home