Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday Morning 6:25am

Good Morning - or should I say "Good Middle of the Night"! At any rate I did not get up until 4am this morning and Dr. Lee just left. So I was in plenty of time.

Brief, quick update - Marty had a good night, slept well! Nothing has really changed as far as blood counts. Temp. was pretty much back down yesterday. No new problems this morning. TPN was on all night and will be continued. Everything is going as expected, so we will stay the same course.

The med to help the bone marrow increase the white count was increased yesterday,and that is an "expected" thing to have to do.

Marty just got back from the first walk on this side of the floor for today. She brought back some hot chocolate, will order her breakfast which will be clear liquids in about 5 minutes, do her devotions, and go back to sleep until her breakfast comes.

I am going to go take Buddy for a walk - hopefully not in the rain - and then get some more sleep myself.

Remember to stand tall for the Lord today, because God is standing tall for each of us. Praise the Lord!

Have a great day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you had a good night, Marty. Jack, you need your rest - go and snuggle up to Buddy. May the Lord be with you each moment of this day. Susan

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack and Marty, Know that the prayers of the Presbytery are with you. God bless. David

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good night. You and Jack continue to be in our prayers. We appreciate the blog so we can stay up to date on your progress. I sometimes print off a copy and take it to work so the others can see how you are doing. Hope your day went well. Thinking of you.... Donna

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty
What wonderful news. Kathy Hughes and I were just talking today that we want to come to Indianapolis to see you. We'll just have to see you in Peru.
Our prayers have been answered. Ou Lord & Saviour is so gracious and merciful.
What a wonderful Saviour.
Joyce

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home